Sunday, October 24, 2004

One down...

Three to go. What a pitcher's duel, eh?

And is there a rule now that all Mark Bellhorn's homers have to hit the pole?

Actually, it wasn't too bad on Wakefield's part. His knuckler was pretty lively, but the wind was helping make it excessively so. Knuckleballs are pretty random pitches at the best of times. The big news to me was just how bad Woody Williams was tonight - I expected him to be a lot tougher. If the rest of the Cardinals' starters are like that, it's going to get ugly. I don't think that'll be the case, though.

And Manny's two errors were both of the hard-luck variety more than the "bad defense" type. I missed Arroyo's wild throw - I was in the other room and they didn't show a replay. Overall, Fox's coverage is leaving something to be desired.

No comments: