Thursday, October 28, 2004

Wow.

The Red Sox are world champs. The scary thing is that after last week, it was almost anticlimactic. Even the partying going on outside my house seems a little more subdued.

However, given that it's been 86 years since the last World Series win, I went upstairs just before the top of the 9th and brought David back down with me to see the end. That way, even if it never happens again in our lifetime, someday he can tell his kids that he saw it when the Sox finally won it all.

The big question for me is "now what?" I'm still a fan through and through, but part of the Sox aura was based on two things; the eternal struggle to beat the Yankees, and the eternal failure to win it all. Well, now we've done both in a week's time. Are the Sox now just another team with good management and a big payroll?

I don't know. It's too existential for me right now. I think I'll just go to bed.

Smiling.

No comments: