Friday, October 24, 2003

Diet update

I'm not exactly dieting - but since early July I've been making a conscious effort to eat a little less and be more active. I still eat a good deal, but I eat a little better food and a bit less of it as well. Without actually counting calories, I'm trying to consume about 10%-20% fewer each day on average. I refuse to weigh myself - I just keep track of my waistline and look at myself in the mirror.

Anyhow, the best indicator is that I've had to take my belt in two notches from where it was in June so far (another notch today), and that I can't wear any of my size 44 pants now. The 42 pants are starting to get a little loose now, too.

In fact, we just got home from a brisk walk into town, combined with a couple of routine errands. Boy, I feel fitter already!

No comments: