Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Neat trick

My sister and her long-time boyfriend went to my parents' house last weekend, on their way to a ski week in Vermont. They dropped Loomis (their cat) off for safekeeping, picked up their skis, and zoomed off.

Except it turns out they didn't head north - they actually then went back to their apartment, dumped the ski gear, picked up their real travel supplies, and hopped a plane to Fiji - where they just got married. They'll be back in another week and a half.

The two of them had long stated that they had no interest in a big production-type wedding, so they just took off and did it. Personally (and I believe I speak for the entire Turiel side of the family when I say this), I think it's great. I just wish Jane and I had thought of something like that way back when we got hitched.

Mazel Tov!

No comments: