Friday, July 30, 2004

Overheard at the Red Lion

So on my way to work this morning I stop downtown to get the papers and pick my bike up from the shop (it needed some drivetrain work that was beyond me nowadays - my repair skills are rusty). While I'm standing in line to buy the paper, I hear the following conversation:

Tall, psycho-looking guy: "Yeah, I've driven out a few demons from people - you'd be surprised at how often it happens"

Smaller alterna-chick type: "hmm"

TPLG: "I did one exorcism a little while back - teenage kid. No kidding, his bed was bouncing up and down without no wires or anything. That one was tough."

SACT: "uhh"

At this point, the creepy-looking guy started to try and remember the name of that particular vanquished demon. Fortunately, that was when I got to pay and amscray. No a moment too soon, I think - I was about to start giggling at him. Then he would have thought I was possessed, too.

No comments: