Thursday, March 20, 2003

So. That's that, then.

We have a war. I'm still not sure it's a good or bad idea, and I know Hussein's too dangerous to be left in charge of Iraq. But I'm not willing to just run off the cliff in support of this war, either. I just can't trust that GWB is acting in the best interests of the nation and the world here.

I hope that the war is short and successful, with minimal loss of life on both sides. I hope that the world doesn't erupt into chaos in the meantime. I'm afraid that the world outside our borders isn't going to be a very pleasant place to be if you're an American, and I think it's going to stay that way for quite a while to come.

And though Iraq needs a new regime, I think there's another country that needs one as well. Ours. But unlike Iraq, we'll have an opportunity to do one peacefully, at the ballot box.

No comments: