Wednesday, January 26, 2005

New England Life

Not the company, the life itself. It snowed again today. About 6 inches or so. As a result, the daycare center closed early, and my bowling league was cancelled for the night. Also, a Chamber of Commerce breakfast I was going to attend tomorrow morning has also been canned.

Buncha wusses.

After doing a little work, I blew out of the office at 12:30 and kidnapped my son just before naptime. So I brought him home for his nap, and then after he woke up we played for hours. That was a nice way to pass an afternoon. Otherwise, I only ventured outside once - when Jane came home from a training event she was running and apparently nearly burned out her transmission working to get into the driveway. She blew the horn a few times (which I heard), but I had no idea why a horn was blasting outside. Finally, she did the smart thing and called me to say she was stuck.

However, by the time I got my boots on and went out to help, she'd guided the car in by force of will. So I settled for clearing some of the snow with my Toro anyway. It'll make tomorrow easier and reduce our bill from Snowblower Guy, since he'll have less to do. So that's good.

Jane's off tomorrow, so she's going to do some errands early by herself and then snag David around mid-day for some quality time together. Thanks to the weather, my week got pretty boring pretty fast, so I'm doing some of the tech stuff in the office that I've been putting off for lack of time. It doesn't pay the bills, but it helps me learn the tings that do pay the bills. A wash, all in all.

No comments: