Thursday, May 05, 2005

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

This morning I felt like the bug - I slogged through a 12-mile morning ride that felt like pedaling through quicksand. Sometimes you get on the bike and realize that you just don't have anything in the tank. But you ride anyways. I looped through Swampscott and Marblehead before heading back, and I avoided most of the big hills. That helped me cope.

And then when I bought my morning coffee today, I made it a latte and I put an extra expresso shot in it. That helped, too.

Today I have a possible meeting (supposed to happen but unconfirmed) with Apple and a client of theirs, and a couple of things I have to do for clients from here in the comfort of my office. And I'm burning my copy of the Tiger Server DVD right now so I can set it up on a spare Mac and start testing. Drop off today wasn't too great - David got upset at home when we turned off the TV to go to school, and he's been moody ever since.

(after I turned off the TV and left to go get his jacket, he turned it back on, too)

No comments: