Thursday, May 05, 2005

Oops.

Due to a typo in my SpamAssassin auto-blacklist, my home e-mail server just spent the last 24 hours or so black-holing all inbound e-mail. So if you sent me anything in the last day, I didn't get it. Sorry.

This is why I don't do anything risky on production servers, including those I'm paid to deal with.

In other news, I read Jeff Hammond's autobiography over the last few days. Who's that, you might ask? Well Jeff Hammond is a former NASCAR crew chief (mainly working for Cale Yarborough and then Darryl Waltrip) and currently a commentator for Fox Sports' NASCAR coverage team. I first heard of him when he started doing some commentary work for TNA Wrestling's FSN show, Impact!, culminating in a feud where he teamed up with 3 Live Kru at a PPV last winter. So when I saw it on the library shelf, I decided "what the heck". Hammond does talk about a few interesting things, but overall I came to this conclusion:

What a goober!

The book reminds me of why I'm not really a racing fan. Yes, I've learned a lot about it, and I can be entertained by it on a Sunday afternoon if there's nothing better on TV, and I had a blast the one time I went to a race. But these people are just too different from me - it's a completely different world and culture, and these are the sort of people who go to nudie bars and raise hell all week, then go to church on Sunday and vote for Shrub. Some of them are simply hypocrites, but some are just too danged stupid to realize it.

I'll stick with baseball and football, thank you very much.

No comments: