Friday, February 18, 2005

Waiting for the weekend

David wound up staying home Wednesday, too - but I think it was just because Jane wanted to have him around to play with. She paid the price, though - he refused to nap, passed out around 6 PM, and then wound up (after waking up just long enough for dinner) awake at 6:30 in the morning yesterday.

I made her send him to school yesterday, though, and I think it was a good decision. He was happy to be back. Today, when I dropped him off, I didn't even get a goodbye kiss out of him. Just a high-five. Rats.

As for the week past, better forgotten. I did some work for clients, but mainly wound up trolling for business and making some appointments for next week, which will now be insanely busy. I also wound up losing out on one account I was trying for - the client accepted a competing proposal that, from what I saw of it, was brain-damaged in a severe way. There's no accounting for taste, you know.

The bright side of all this is that I get to take a 3-day weekend - virtually every customer I have is closed Monday and I'll get calls in case of emergencies, anyhow. We're probably going to go in for the Boston Home Show at some point that day. And then Jane will have Tuesday off, also, to make up for the holiday's falling on a scheduled day off.

By the way, after a long wait there appears to be a plot twist brewing over at MegaTokyo. Catch it while it's here!

No comments: