Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wwwwwipeout!

And it's now official - Republicans have been swept out of both the House and Senate, giving Democrats control of both houses for the first time since 1994 (they had the Senate for two years - 2000 through '02). I'm giddy.

It's about time the buggers got their comeuppance! On a more serious note, I was a Weld Republican back in 1990 (I haven't missed an election since I turned 18), and my preferred candidate has almost always been a liberal Republican - at least when I had a major party candidate worth voting for (otherwise I voted Libertarian). What I hope happens ultimately is that the more extreme religious elements in the Republican party get marginalized again, so that reasonable adults can take over and I can again vote for them someday.

Change number 1, my fear of any more retiring Supreme Court justices just eased a lot. No way will another Alito be forced down our throats with Democrats running the Senate. And that's a great place to start.

No comments: