Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Bizarro Mac

A while back, I hopped onto a ludicrously attractive Apple business lease/discount program (for ACN members like me) in order to get a desktop for the office (I usually schlep an old PowerBook back and forth). So I ordered an iMac for my desk, with a 1.8 GHz processor, 17" screen, 160GB drive, Superdrive and Bluetooth. It finally arrived today, after lengthy delay. Sort of. What actually came was an iMac, and it was a 17" display, but otherwise every single option was the wrong one. The processor speed was wrong, disk size was wrong, the wrong optical drive was in it, the wrong amount of RAM, and it had an AirPort Extreme card instead of a Bluetooth module.

Needless to say, it's being dealt with, but it's rather annoying and I'm expecting it'll be another month or so before it's dealt with. Grumble.

No comments: