Friday, December 03, 2004

Battered

I've been working on a job most of this week trying to save a really messed-up Windows server that I was handed through a referral. Tuesday night I worked on-site for 11 hours straight - from 2PM to 1AM the next morning. I've almost caught up on the sleep deficit, though. I've done a lot of the work remotely - once I get the rescue drive sent over here I'm going to recover the last thing they lost, which is their Exchange Public Folders.

Yesterday, both our December-due pregnant friends delivered - they both had their babies yesterday morning, about two hours apart. I've seen pics of one (Woodge's) so far, but not the other.

I heard a new Joke from Steven Wright today - he's touring again, which is a good thing for society. The line (I may be misquoting it slightly) is "I have H.D.A.D.D - High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. I don't remember much, but what I do remember is amazing".

At some point, I may look into building another Shuttle box. I probably should get a little more hands-on time with AMD-based gear.

No comments: