Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Speaking of controversy

Those of you who were "scandalized" by last week's Monday Night Football opening with Terrell Owens and Nicolette Sheridan (has her face been frozen in amber or what?) should make sure to check out the WWE website today. I haven't watched last night's Raw yet (I was too busy watching the Pats on MNF - that's why I have TiVo), but they did a wonderful spoof of the whole fuss that featured Shelton Benjamin, Trish Stratus, and Vince - they've got the video on the front page, and even if you hate pro wrestling, it's still very witty and worth the viewing. I promise that no steel chairs are involved.

I mean, why watch WWE for sex and violence, when you have the NFL and NBA? Ironically, when the Pistons got their banner raised and their rings presented, they all wore replicas of Triple H's championship belt. If you want your own, just head to the WWE Shopzone and you, too, can be an NBA superstar.

That belt, by the way, is derived from the old NWA/WCW belt. The classic WWF-era belt is currently the "WWE Heavyweight Championship" belt, and is the SmackDown belt. And yes, I'd love to have either version as a Xmas gift someday to put on my office wall. And yes, I know I'll never get one.

Maybe a couple of Pistons can spare theirs...

No comments: