Monday, June 07, 2004

Minor regrets

Last week I picked up a Linksys WRT54g to replace the SMC that I thought had died. It was me being dumb, so I took it back the next day, unopened.

Anyhow, last Wednesday when I bought it it was $99. This weekend, it went on sale everywhere for $50-$60, depending on where you get it. Had I waited until the weekend to buy it at that price, I would have hung on to it just in case I ever needed it.

Ultimately, I plan to start stocking a couple of items like that just to keep them on-hand in case I need them for a customer job. I figure I'll wind up carrying only a couple of hundred dollars' worth of inventory, though, in total.

Because I don't need the hassle of being a reseller.

By the way, the title of my post last Tuesday (The Mundanes) refers to the name of John Linnell's (They Might Be Giants) first band. When I was helping out a friend of mine who briefly experimented with running a small record label a few years back (I designed the band's CD), the drummer played in that band with Linnell.

No comments: