Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Chirp chirp

Most days here, weather (and schedule) permitting, I like to go for a walk at lunchtime. There's a walkway around the ponds that are part of this complex, and when I factor in the stroll to get to it the walk comes out to a little over 2 miles. Nice mid-day exercise.

So anyhow, I was a little delayed in getting out there today because I had actual customer work to do, but I finally made it out around 2:15ish. It's gorgeous out there today, plain and simple.

I took a nice brisk walk around the ponds, and got to see all the goslings growing up fast (there's about 4 Canada Goose couples all raising goslings this season). I also got to spend the last few hundred meters of the walk dodging their little poop bombs that were left all over the walkway. Yuk.

In other news, I'm considering selling my old PowerBook and replacing it with a cheaper desktop Mac - Having two portables isn't really that convenient. It's a G4/667, with 768 MB of RAM and a 60 GB hard drive (and the Combo drive). Used Mac dealers are getting around $1600 for these with slower processors - if I can get $1500ish I'd be very pleased, and you'd get a really nice PowerBook. Let me know if you're interested.

No comments: