Saturday, June 12, 2004

Customer Service Props

We got a couple of bills today - one of them was from Lowe's - and I was surprised to see it, since we should have had a zero balance. It turned out that our payment last month arrived late, and they charged us a $25 late fee. Needless to say, I was kinda steamed.

Here's where it gets good, though. I called them (Monogram Bank runs their program), and, after navigating the phone tree I got a rep. Without having to make any fuss at all I was transferred right to a senior rep who took all of five seconds to waive the fee and reset our account back to a zero balance. She told me it was no problem, and simply mentioned that if we're aver close to the deadline we could always just drop off payment at the store, where it would post immediately. I was prepared to close my account - instead, they got a happy customer. I've bought a lot of home stuff at Lowe's since they came to this area, and it's nice to see a company actually make a customer happy for a change.

Props to them.

No comments: