Thursday, December 26, 2002

Merry Whatever!

David's seven months old (as of Christmas Eve), and all is well with him. Jane's parents are in town visiting (they arrived Sunday, and they're going back tomorrow) - they're enjoying the time with the little guy a lot.

As many know, the Northeast got buried under a lot of snow from the Christmas Day nor'easter yesterday. We didn't get the snow here until mid-afternoon, but when it hit, it hit big. The five of us had decided (well, actually David had very little to do with the decision) to follow the ancient Turiel Christmas Day dinner tradition - which was to go out for Chinese food.

(footnote to this: Do you know what Chinese people call Chinese food? Food.)

So we went to the Gourmet Garden in Swampscott, which Jane and I had not yet been to - we went to the restaurant that had been there previously a lot, though... And we arrived with the snow blowing sideways and the wind howling, sat down in a full restaurant (in case people didn't know, all us Jews go out for Chinese food on Christmas - it's where we secretly decide how to run the world. Though I think I must have been left out of that meeting, because I don't even get to run my own IT department nowadays.), ordered drinks, and the power went out.

In the time we sat there, the storm got still worse, so when we left we decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to try another place. We stopped back at the house to pick up a bag of leftover subs from the other day, and I drove my in-laws back to the hotel with a bag of leftovers for their dinner. Yum.

Other than that, though, the holiday was a blast. I gave Jane a new point-and-shoot camera to replace the old APS camera she has that doesn't work very well. She gave me a wonderful son.

I got the better gift (of course, she gets to share it...). We're going to try the Chinese restaurant again tonight.

No comments: