Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ugh

I spent yesterday at a training class that Novell was holding on their new Open Enterprise Server (the successor to NetWare). Unfortunately, I'm missing today's second day of classes. In fact, I'm still in my bathrobe.

The class was very useful. But I suspect that something in the catered lunch had an unwanted visitor within it, because I've been stricken with a nasty stomach bug since last night. When I went to bed, I had the whole spectrum of nastiness - chills, aches, stomach problems, everything. Yecch. This morning I was a little better off, but when I got out of bed to get ready for class, I felt like I'd been hit by a large vehicle during the night. And since I have a meeting scheduled at 12:30 in Cambridge this afternoon that's rather important, I made an executive decision to rest for a few hours, take some Tylenol, and save up my limited resources for the meeting.

Which is a bummer, because the class was really good. Meanwhile, business developments have been pretty good over the last few days, and I should be sufficiently recovered by tomorrow to start taking advantage of them. And David started his first full week in preschool today - but he was a little reluctant to leave after being home for several days. Once he established that the usual order was reversed today (Jane dropped him off, I will be picking him up), he was OK with it.

No comments: