Sunday, December 12, 2004

Still busy

I've been working a lot over the last week - and I'm booked every day this coming week with one activity or another. On top of that, David and I both nearly came down with a cold (we both had runny noses that didn't turn into anything more) the previous week - but Jane actually got the cold, full-force. So I've had to take care of her a lot this week, too.

The good news is that I've actually managed to cook meals from scratch a couple of times, actually making things up based on sound cooking principles as gleaned from Good Eats, and had them come out well. Last night, I sweated some onions and garlic in a little butter, added some broccoli and carrots to the pan along with a pinch of salt, then served it all up over some pasta with oil and dried basil flakes. It was pretty darned tasty, even if the whole house still smells like garlic.

Meanwhile, Jane's still working full-tilt through the cold - I think her reasoning is "there's plenty of time to rest in January".

I'm also finishing up a presentation for a seminar I'm doing on Thursday - see the Beverly Chamber of Commerce website for details. And right now I'm watching the Pats game. I'm impressed by the Bengals in a sense, because they just don't seem to quit. Right now it's 28-14, Pats, though, and the Pats just scored with just under 2 minutes in the half.

And Gracie has minor surgery scheduled tomorrow to deal with a hematoma in her right ear.

No comments: