Friday, December 06, 2002

Well, I was right

Wednesday afternoon, after I got home, Jane went out to do some errands and get a haircut. I played with David for a while, and then I put him on the Gymini in his room so I could go do a few things in the other room (I had to wrap Jane's birthday gifts).

I could hear David playing and drumming his heels on the floor, so I kept working for about 20 minutes. Then I went into his room to check on him.

He was on his chest, several feet from where I had put him, and he was nosing one of his toys ahead of him. He made it to the open floor, and was in the process of ducking under the crib.

For a second, I was horrified. Then I ran to get the camera and record the occasion, after which I watched him for a few minutes as he shuffled around. When he ran out of gas and started crying a little (he doesn't generally like being on his chest), I picked him and the toy up and put him in he crib to play.

I am now accelerating our childproofing efforts. I need to buy a couple more gates this weekend, I think.

Yesterday, we all went out to Rinaldo's to celebrate Jane's birthday. He had a blast. So did we.

No comments: