Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Last night

Last night was an "errands" night for me. First off, I had to go to the photo shop to get dupes made of a couple of prints that Jane is using as framed gifts for friends. Fine - and when I called them, they told me that if I threw some other ones we wanted to print onto a CD, they could output them for me.

So I burned a disc with a few photos from my Olympus digicam, and went over. Turned out the Kodak photo stations (heavily modified Sparcs) couldn't read an ISO disc with JPEG files on it - only PhotoCD discs. Plus the prints would have cost like $10 each.

So I went over to the nearby Staples, and bought an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX instead. At the rate we're making prints for friends, I'll be ahead in a few weeks.

Then, after dinner, I went out with Jane's shopping list - we needed batteries (for the monitor), conditioner, cat litter, thank-you cards, and a couple of frames. I started with the mall items and then my last stop was the litter - I get that at the Petsmart in Danvers (we use the silica crystals, and their house brand tracks less than the others and is cheaper to boot).

So I went down 114 into Danvers, and on complete mental autopilot I made my left turn...

Right into the Babies 'R' Us parking lot. About a half a mile short of my actual destination.

I've been spending _way_ too much time there.

After realizing my error, I was able to continue on my way just fine. No further glaring mental lapses followed. So far.

No comments: