Saturday, March 13, 2004

Notes from the field

We went to a party last night - David had fun until he got tuckered out. He's come down with a minor cold (I think this may be his first), with a cough and runny nose. He's OK overall, though - just tired and a little clingier than usual. We're giving him some cough medicine so he can rest easier. It's helping.

I replaced a broken switch for the bathroom lights today. The house is still standing, so that went OK. I also have to put a shock chain on the storm door, but I left my drill at the office so that will likely wait until tomorrow. We are also having a problem with the shower valve not closing right, but I'll have to study up to see if I can fix it or not. I may have to use a pro for that.

On a somewhat related note, I went in to work for a little while this morning. My site is down, and I was pretty sure it's the ISP's fault, but I went in to make sure. It is, in fact, their fault. They are working with their upstream provider (XO) to correct it, but until then no e-mail or website. They hope to be back up later today.

No comments: