Sunday, February 09, 2003

Tough weekend

I have a cold that's left me feeling icky, and destroyed my voice. However, being voiceless will probably be considered by my co-workers tomorrow to be a Good Thing.

That's difficult enough, but then I had to try and decipher how to get qmail to work with the good old .forward files that we know and love. I spent several hours wrestling with it, then finally gave up in favor of using a tricky dash file to simulate our published BNUG e-mail address. Now that it's working, it should let me feed all the exec board's e-mail through Spamassassin and eliminate most of the junk we get.

It would have been easier, but e-smith (the server distro I use at home) uses qmail in a somewhat nonstandard way, as far as I can tell. So I had to combine reading man pages, Googling, and raw guesswork.

No comments: