Monday, December 18, 2006

Ticked off

Though no official announcement has been made, it is now a Generally Known Fact that the radio station I listen to most of the time (1200/1440 AM - broadcasting with less power than a typical hair dryer) is going to be dropping the "Progressive Talk" format sometime after the first of the year and going to a Spanish format called "Rumba".

Not that I'm a fan of the whole Air America lineup - the Young Turks do nothing for me, and I don't really like Randi Rhodes too much, but I did listen to Al Franken every day and I really am going to miss Stephanie Miller in the 9-noon slot.

It's going to be a difficult adjustment. I refuse to listen to the troglodytes in the morning on WEEI, Gary LaPierre is retiring in two weeks on WBZ (there's a familiarity factor here), and Imus jumped the shark years ago. I may have to get satellite or something - but after checking out the lineups I need Sirius to get Miller and she's on in the wee hours on that - and all the AA stuff is on XM. Which would give me a tough choice indeed.

I have a feeling I'll be listening to my iPod on the car mornings most of the time for a while to come...

No comments: