Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Odd (but nice) sights of the morning

I went to Dunkin' Donuts on my way in today for a Latte (ten-cent price hike - boo!!!), and was going in about an hour later than usual (I slept in a little because David was up at 4AM). As I went to get in my car, I saw a sight that, while fine and enjoyable, felt strangely out of place. Here's why:

First off, this morning up here is very grey and drizzly. The temperature as of right now appears to be just a shade under 70 degrees. So I'm wearing my typical work clothes of light pants and a golf shirt, with a windbreaker for the rain.

Walking past me into the Dunkin' Donuts were two young twentysomething women. That's normal. They were pretty attractive - that's normal, too. After all, there's plenty of attractive women out there - heck, I'm married to one of the top ones.

What was odd was their outfits. Though the styles and colors were both different, they were both wearing micro-mini knit dresses with high heels and nothing else save their handbags.

Why was it odd? Well, first off it was about 9:45AM. Secondly, it was a Dunkin' Donuts. Third, the weather was not microdress weather by any stretch of the imagination.

Not that I minded the sight. But usually dresses like those are something you either see in dance clubs or in strip clubs - and it was a little early for either. It did make me wonder for a minute what their story was. But I think that any time I see a sight that doesn't quite appear to be "right".

One of them had particularly nice legs, though, if I do say so myself.

No comments: