Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Snow can be fun

We only got about 2-3 inches, but it was an excuse to finally break out the Toro power shovel. It worked pretty well, cleared the snow, made manly power tool noises, and was easy to maneuver.

Of course, the snow was so fluffy I could have cleared it with a leaf blower, but that's besides the point.

This afternoon I upgraded my public server from e-smith 5.6 to 6.0 - the final Mitel-generated release. The contribs.org team (on which I serve, working on the documentation group) is working on a 6.01 release that's due RSN. It will address several minor issues from the Mitel release, re-brand the product, and lay the groundwork for some of the improvements we have on the drawing board. I've been running 6.0 inside my firewall for about two months now, and it's pretty slick.

There are some minor glitches that you may run into in a production upgrade (mainly if you're a heavy IMP user), but overall it was pretty smooth. I did have to modify my SpamAssassin setup somewhat to use Razor, but it's fine now.

No comments: