Thursday, August 23, 2007

Now I've got to buy a friggin' boat or something

I took the afternoon off today and went out on a boat to fish with my friend Steve, his dad, and David. David liked the boat (a 23' walkaround), until we made it out into open water and Steve let the throttle out.

From then on, he loved it. We spent about 4-5 hours out on the water. The weather wasn't great (kind of overcast), and we caught no fish at all, but it was a nice time nonetheless. We did, however, find some good spots to try on a return trip (a couple of boats were working the area under the Beverly-Salem bridge with good results, for one). David started to get a little antsy towards the end, but it was excusable - he'd had a long day.

I pretty much ignored my phone the whole time, too. That was sweet.

No comments: