Friday, May 14, 2004

Bad Karma

Today hasn't started well for me. First, a pet peeve - why do the people at Dunkin' Donuts all assume that you mean "iced" when you order a drink after about April 1st? If I say "Latte", I mean "Latte". If I say "iced Latte", then that's what I mean. Period. Don't assume iced unless I say so. Is that too difficult?

Then, on my way up the garage here, I make the mistake of going around the long way like you're supposed to. About once every two weeks or so, I have to deal with a bozo who is making the quick left to get to the next ramp instead of going around - and even though they're sitting directly under a "Do Not Enter" sign when I cut them off and make them wait, they look at me like I'm the jerk for actually following instructions.

But I made it up without further ado. Then, as I walked down the hall on my way to my office, I realized my cellphone was missing. That's a potential disaster, because my dad's having surgery today and I need to be able to hear updates if need be. Not to mention that I depend on the thing. I retraced my steps all the way back to the car with no luck, but fortunately it was turned in at the leasing office here quickly. I usually keep it in-pocket but decided to use the clip today. I won't make that mistake again.

Hopefully that's it for problems today.

In other news, I golfed yesterday - shot a 50 just hacking around. Lifting weights has really had an impact on my swing. I'm still a little wild, but now I'm more prone to power-hooking the ball than I am my old heavy slice. My iron play was much improved over last week - my putting fell apart in the second half of the game (I four-putted the sixth, three-putted the seventh, and four-putted the eighth), but I started with four bogeys in a row. Not bad.

By the way, the easiest way to tell what platform I use to post blog entries is to look for typos. On MacOS X, spell-checking is a system-level service, automatically available to all programs. In Windows, it isn't.

No comments: