Monday, January 12, 2004

A minor setback

It's been a goal of mine to utterly eradicate Classic MacOS from our computing life. I removed it from my current iMac, don't use it on Jane's, and never installed it on the PowerBook after rebuilding it. Well, unfortunately, I'd picked up a neat-looking educational program for David a couple of weeks ago, thinking it was OS X native. Unfortunately, when I went to install it on his refurbished, Classic-free iMac, it turned out to require Classic. Dad-nab it.

Turns out getting Classic onto a newly installed, Classic-free G3 iMac running Panther is a pain. I'm re-doing things with a Jaguar disc in the hope it installs Classic as well. If that doesn't work, then I guess I'll break down and look up how to do it.

I don't mind trying to figure it out by screwing around, though - it's not like there's a deadline to give this to David.

No comments: