Tuesday, October 22, 2002

OK - iThink it iRocks

After selling off a truly massive amount of my stuff at this weekend's MIT Flea (last of the season, see you in April!), I am now the proud owner of a 10GB iPod. It is ridiculously cool. Sound quality is excellent, it syncs up in seconds (it took about 5 minutes to load my 5GB MP3 collection the first time), and it's tiny, which is cool. I top off the battery as suggested each night and it lasts all day.

The only drawback of it is the earbud headphones. They sound great, and they're a very manageable size, but earbuds just don't fit me that great. If anyone has a line on a decent over-the-ear earpiece to replace them, I'd be much obliged.

I tried a set of Sony headphones that I got at Radio Shack yesterday, but the cord is made out of a funny mesh that pinches exposed skin - like the back of my neck. Yecch.


The other thing I have to do is wire up an interface to my car stereo - I'm going to buy a FM Modulator to interface with the stereo on my Olds. That'll be cool.

No comments: