Thursday, August 19, 2004

Spam - it's not just for breakfast anymore

Somewhere, an interesting switch has been thrown in my name. A lot of the spam I get (over 100 per day in total) is now in Spanish - probably as much as 20% of the total.

Besides that, The people at Comcast think I'm Hispanic as well - I keep getting mailed offers for the Spanish tier of channels. But I suspect that's more a function of my location. Our house is on the fringe of a big Latino neighborhood (or as our friend Robert calls it, a "rainbow of diversity") called the Point. When we first bought the house, it really was on the fringe, but the neighborhood has gentrified and retreated several blocks from us back in the direction of downtown. I figure the Comcast maps say we're probably Spanish-speaking and they market accordingly.

Dummies.

No comments: