Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Bleh.

Yesterday afternoon I was having intermittent problems with a runny nose - today the spigot is on. Hopefully there's not more to it, because I have too much stuff going on this week to deal with a cold. I did do my regular bike ride this morning, so at least I'm not being a slug.

In trying to set up the firewall for my client downstairs, I found another Symantec bug. PPTP tunnels do not currently work through the firewall, even if you just map the ports directly to the host. The current workaround is to use IPSec, but they have a hotfix that they plan to send me tomorrow. That should let me finally pretty much finish the project, and not a moment too soon. Next week is starting out insane.

New reason to have both cable and TiVo: Rescue Me, on f/x, is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. Period. And that's just after watching the first two episodes. Denis Leary has a knack for making good TV, and he really gets it right here.

No comments: