Tuesday, July 20, 2004

OK, I'll settle.

I may want a new iPod, even though they now leave out the (sucky) case, remote control, and (in the 20GB model) dock, but I'll tell you all what. I'm willing to settle for an ICElink instead. Then I can use my tiny, woefully inadequate 10GB 2nd generation iPod directly wired into my car stereo instead of through a cassette adapter that really muddies up the sound.

Supposedly, it even supports my CD changer-less GM stereo now, which older ones just didn't do.

The next holiday coming up isn't for a while, though, so I think I'll have to wait.

But to be halfway serious, I currently have a 60GB portable FireWire drive that I use for some business stuff (making backups for my Mac customers). If I didn't have that, I'd get the 40GB iPod now anyways, because it would serve the same purpose as the portable drive and play music, too. Which would be very cool. I've used the old 10GB model similarly, but I lost that capability after I filled it with music. A 60GB iPod, if it existed, would be almost irresistible.

No comments: